Sunday, December 12, 2010

Week 16 Blog Reflections

1)  Initially, I expected to learn about art origins, and how to appreciate art more...these goals were met and exceeded.
2)  I thought art was just looking at paintings, now i realize art can take many forms, for ancient sculptures to modern abstract painting, to something as strange as drip-art .   Art appreciation is in the eye of the beholder, based on individual value judgements. 
3) I did not have a favorite artist before this class, never really though about it.   Now, my favorites are the classics.   The effort and beauty of Michalangelo's work, and the Greece and Roman sculptors, are still unmatched in my opinion.
4)  This on-line class was much harder then i expected.   A lot of work, but I also learned a lot that I did not think I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment