Sunday, December 5, 2010

Week 15 Criticism Reflection Journal

Written Reflection After Evaluating:
I enjoyed doing the critique.   I looked carefully at each item in the exhibit, trying to find elements of art in each painting or sculpture.   I wrote comments on about 2/3 of the paintings.  I think the exhibit was excellent, with a few small changes that i mentionned.  I am an easy grader, I give it an A !


Written Reflection Before Evaluating:
I took a look at 3 art projects to determine which one I wanted to download, then do the critical review of it.

The first one I opened is "Wildlife Encounters", by Willie Wimes.  This is a pretty impressive powerpoint exhibit, all about animals.   He used some nice background gray, I should have done that.  The pictures all look good, with references, a nice job.

The second one I opened was "Gruppo Project #4".  It was "Art in the Life of Trees".   by Katie Gruppo.   She looks to have followed instructions exactly, with references, and also Interpretation and Explanation.  There is some old work, new work, abstract work.   She does a real nice job with display and interpretation.

The third one is "Abate Project #4".  , the title is "Youthful Innocence Caught In The Moment", by Abbey Abate.   A very professional exhibit, with title, author, date, medium, style, and the interpretations included.  Sweet dreams is appropriate as the final slide. A real nice job.

But I am going to select project of "Wildlife Encounters" to review.  I like animals, and I liked looking at those pictures.   I cannot get very excited about trees, or little kids blowing bubbles.  So I will try to look close at the animal exhibit and apply what I have learned.  I just made a value judgement to help decide and pick that exhibit.    The challenges I face is that all the slides pretty much show the same thing...how do I make different views of each slide, or maybe I do not have to.  I don't mind critique my peers work, I am am easy grader!   I am not sure if I want to read anybody who reviewed my work, because I think they did a better job than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment