Thursday, December 9, 2010

Week 15 Self-Portrait Blog

Went to the A-Knox museum to find some self portraits.  The first picture is "Self-Portrait With A Monkey", by Frido Kahlo, from Mexico, 1938, Oil on Masonite.    The second is "Monsieur X" by George Rouault, from France, 1911, oil on paper.  The third picture, I thought I should include a famous Van Gogh self-portrait off the internet.   The fourth picture is one taken of me at the dinner table.  I selected my inspiration pieces at the A-K museum by finding and taking a pic of the famous monkey picture by Frido Kahlo.  I selected simple pencil and paper to do my self-portrait, the biggest challenge is that I am not a good artist.  Maybe I should have done abstract, but the way i overcame the challenge is to use my photograph as a guide.  The elements I used were mostly lines and shapes, and shading.    How are eyes and teeth made to look realistic? In the end, it was kind of fun doing this, and it came out OK.



















No comments:

Post a Comment