Saturday, November 27, 2010

Week 13 -14 Project #4 Reflection Journal

Almost done with the project.  Seems like all the old Greek bronze sculptures ended up getting lost, decaying, rotten, and being melted down for the metal...but many of them were copied in marble by the Romans.  So a lot of my pics were actually Roman reproductions of the original Greek bronze art.  Also, a lot of my report may seem to be a history lesson, since so much of the Greek artwork is part of our history, and even our pop culture.   I am also having a little trouble with PowerPoint formatting.

I am mid-way through the PowerPoint project #4 art exhibit presentation.   Working on ancient Greek sculpture.   My best souces of artwork are Google search, with Images.   I use "Ancient Greek Sculpture" in the search engine.    That shows a lot of pictures of sculpture.   From there, I can get the name of a sculpture, then usually go the Wikipedia for more details.  The problem is that a lot of this old sculpture does not have a specific date and artist for it, it's too old.  Just a general time frame, like 100 BC.   Also, as it turns out, these old Greek bronze statues did not last very long, and many of them were copied in marble, by the Romans, and the originals were melted down for the metal value.   So a lot of my pictures are simply the Roman copies made of marble, not bronze.

No comments:

Post a Comment